How To Make The Vietnamese Soup
- Roughly dice the onions and carrots and sauteed in 1 tsp of oil on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and simmer until soft (20-30 minutes).
- Add garlic, cumin, paprika, ginger and soy sauce
- Now pour the coconut cream and chopped coriander, heat for 5 minutes. Blend then add lime juice
For the Garnish
- Mix soy sauce, peanut butter and honey
- Dice aubergine and coat well with the peanut glaze. Bake for 25 minutes.
Top tip for serving the Vietnamese soup: make sure you heat up your serving bowls in the oven. Carefully ladle 1 to 1 ½ ladle of the soup into each bowl. Place 6-7 cubes of aubergine in a line just off centre in the soup. Now build this up with fine slices of radish and coriander leaves. You’re done!
Like this recipe and want more? Why not check out the Skiology Cook Book! To celebrate 15 years of Skiology, we gathered together a collection of our favourite recipes, old and new. So if you are missing the mountains between ski trips of want a taste of a summer alpine menu the cookbook is just what you need. And What’s more, proceeds from the cookbook go towards our three main charities: Montagne Verte, Cool Earth and Msizi Africa!
Why not share your culinary results on Instagram!