Happy Kids = Happy Parents!
With the vast size of the Portes du Soleil (PDS) ski area, it is split into different areas in relation to passes available. Therefore, with the different locations of the chalets, specific lift passes and ski schools will be required in each of our chalet locations:
Helping you to select the right chalet for your family is important to us. So please do get in touch to discuss the different options further.
MORZINE TOWN CENTER, CHALETS GEORGE, GRAND SAPIN, IBEX & PETITE IBEX
All our chalets have guide books with family-specific information and ideas of things to do. To give you a taste, a short walk from the chalet there is… outdoor ice skating, a traditional merry-go-round, indoor ice skating, indoor swimming pool, playgrounds, sledding… etc
Our Morzine town centre chalets are all within a very short walking distance of the main square in Morzine with shops, bars, restaurants, and family activities. They are all very well located to enjoy the mid-week fire display from the chalet before popping the kids into bed.
The George is popular with families due to its central location (a short 200m walk from everything!) and its colossal lounge area, it really is huge! Often we go into the chalet and find nannies painting with children in one corner, puzzling with children in another, arts and crafting on the table, and building snowmen on the balcony outside. The kitchenette in the lounge is great for preparing snacks.
The spacious bedrooms mean that you can get a cot in practically all of them too!
Right next to the George. The Sapin is a popular choice again for it’s location and price. The chalet is on a very quiet cul de sac so the kids can play outside and there is a great small sledging hill in the garden! The chalet has a couple of unique features, the ground floor boasts a huge family room with 4 beds and enough room to successfully play tag! The chalet also has a single occupancy room which is popular with Grandma or Grandpa!
Chalet Ibex with 8 beds is a great size for 2 families of 4. Sleeping 8 also means that everyone can fit into 1 transfer van which helps with logistics and finance! Every bedroom has a bath which is great for the kids. The town centre location also makes it easy to pop out for the never-ending items that children need!
Petite Ibex just below Ibex benefits from the same location and with 6 beds is just about the right size for most family groups.
LES PRODAINS/AVORIAZ, CHALETS HIBOU & ATELIER
Around 500m from the lifts and with a private shuttle service both ways! The chalets are a short walk from the lift and also on the main bus line (every 10 minutes) however, as we all know carrying the kids skis is not much fun so we will offer to drop you off and pick you up too.
The Prodains area is just one cablecar away from Avoriaz. In Avoriaz one can go bowling, ride on a horse drawn cart, go on a husky ride, the real jewel however has to be the waterpark!! One can also get the bus into Morzine easily to go swimming, ice skating, play on the merry go round etc.
Set back from the road and next to a great little sledging hill. Hibou also has a hot tub to warm up in afterwards and a separate games room which is popular with the kids!
Atelier as a former workshop has space in abundance which is great for the kids, especially for a game of hide and seek! Most of the rooms can accommodate extra beds which allows great flexibility for configuring the chalet to the needs of your guests. The hot tub is popular with the bigger kids too!
CENTRAL MORZINE CHALETS
Our central Morzine chalets George, Sapin and Le Rucher are all within a very quick and convenient distance of 250m or less from the Pleney lift and ski school meet-up points. A great location to nip back to refuel after lessons.
Club PiouPiou by ESF is located right at the base of the Pleney lift and conveniently located within walking distance of our central Morzine chalets. This is an excellent way for the next generation to be introduced to skis and snow and get working on that balance!
T. +33 4 50 79 13 13
Let us introduce you to The Snow School by ESF. Described as a ‘Premium ski school in Morzine’ and popular with all our guests, this is a great and successful introduction to winter sports for your child.
- For children 4+
- A group size of 4 -6
- Instructors who speak English and are all very experienced at teaching children.
- A great price too!
At the end of the week your child will be tested to see if they will graduate to the next level, they may gain a badge and a certificate or they may not. If you would prefer for your child not to be a part of this system best to opt for private lessons.
All lessons must be booked in AVORIAZ, not Morzine as we do not offer shuttle runs to Morzine (the Avoriaz cable car is 2 minutes from the chalet Morzine is 15 minutes, there is not time between shuttles to service Morzine).
For Hibou and Lanterne, Avoriaz Alpine ski school start on Monday so have our recommendation.
T. +33 (0)4 50 38 34 91
For Atelier, ESF starts on Sunday and meets at the top of the cable car which is perfect!
T. + 33 (0) 4 50 74 05 65
There is a list of other ski schools here.
Village Des Enfants is just down from the plateau so one can take the horse and cart or walk. The walk is about 15 minutes the first time, then 10 minutes after that.
To walk: At the top of the cable car, head towards restaurant ChangaBanga then take the lift up just beyond it on the left, walk along the corridor at the top, go up the stairs and follow the middle of the 3 roads. The Villages Des Enfants is just at the top of this.
Central Morzine Chalets
George, Grand Sapin, Le Rucher, Ibex & Petite Ibex
Morzine + Les Gets Pass
- Free pass for children under 5 years old
- Available from 1/2 day passes to 7 day pass +
- Guests to collect from the Pleney lift pass office
Prodains Morzine Chalets
Atelier & Grand Hibou
Avoriaz Only Pass
- Free pass for children under 5 years old
- Available as 1 or 2-day passes
- Guests to collect from Avoriaz lift pass office
Portes Du Soleil (PDS) Pass
- Free for children under 5! Discounted for children under 15
- Suitable for lessons taken in any part of the PDS ski area
- From 1/2 day to 7 day + passes available
- Family Pass available (with a 10% discount).
- In Chalet: All of our chalets come with WiFi, Apple TV, British TV, NetFlix and board games.
- We have sleds at all the chalets for some tobogganing fun after skiing!
- Afternoon tea will be laid out upon your return to the chalet. If you would rather this was out of the way of temptation for the little ones, let your chalet host know and we will make other arrangements.
- On the first night, the chef will sit down with the parents and discuss the proposed menu for the children whereby amendments specific to the child’s needs can be made. We work on the same goal here to get the children happily fed so there is a good degree of flexibility!
- Breakfast, let’s get the kids set up for a great day! We have child-friendly cereal, bread & spreads, and pancakes on a rotating daily hot option!
- Afternoon tea as parents is our favorite time of the day, having a drink and cake with the kids and excitedly catching up on the day’s adventures.
- Kids dinner is served at 17:30 allowing plenty of time for bath, CBeebies and bedtime.
We have cots, high chairs, baby cutlery, let us know in advance and we can pick anything extra such as wipes and nappies so that you don’t have to sacrifice your luggage allowance! It is possible to hire snow suitable push chairs upon arrival in resort. We have a dedicated menu for children however we do ask that parents provide infants meals, again we are happy to pick this up for you.