July 19th 2021:
France has been placed back on the UK’s Red list. This means that all travellers coming from France will still need to quarantine for 10 days and order the covid test pack. Whether they are vaccinated or not. Morzine Covid 19 testing centres available. Contact us for more details.
July 8th 2021:
As of the 19th of July, all travellers who have received both vaccines will not be required to quarantine upon return home to the UK. Under 18’s will not need to have both jabs but will need to provide a negative test.
A new independent website helps to provide the most up to date travel information between the UK and France: https://travelcovid.fr/index.php
The French government has announced that, from 9th June, fully vaccinated UK travellers can holiday in France this summer.
TRAVEL TO FRANCE:– The UK is currently on France’s ‘orange’ list– This means you’ll need to provide proof that you’ve received both jabs (the NHS app is acceptable) at least 2 weeks before you travel– You’ll also need to provide a negative antigen test that was taken 48 hours before departure OR a PCR no older than 72 hours before travel.
– The children of fully vaccinated parents aged 11 and under can also travel without being vaccinated themselves, but they must also take an antigen test and return a negative result 48 hours before departure.
RETURN TO THE UK:– France is on the UK’s ‘amber’ list at present– This means you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test before leaving France for your return to the UK. (Morzine has the capability to provide both PCR and antigen tests, more on that below.)– You’ll quarantine for 10 days and take 2 further tests on your return to the UK.If you’re OK with the return quarantine rules (or if they change/disappear), you might be wondering what testing facilities are available in Morzine right now so that you can meet the return travel regs.
*** If the return to UK regs require a PCR test***The nurse at the medical centre in Morzine offers tests without an advance appointment, Monday to Friday, 8 am – 8.30 am and 5 pm – 5.45 pm. You do not have to have symptoms to access these tests, making them good for travel. Currently, test results are being returned within 24 hours. Should demand for the PCR tests increase, capacity can also increase.* The cost for these tests to UK travellers will be confirmed ASAP! (Again, if you have this info, please let us know!)Thank you to www.morzinesourcemagazine.com for the above information.
Latest Les Carroz and Morzine covid 19 update: France is to ease it’s border restrictions with some countries including the UK – but all travellers must have a negative test before arriving.
The lifts are not expected to open for the rest of the season. Visiting the resort, however, is still possible and with plenty of popular alternative activities available to enjoy our wide-open environment.
No confirmation of the ski-lifts reopening date yet for the Winter 2020/21 season. The next update is due in March. The resort remains open for guests to stay and access the mountain for Nordic ski and snowshoeing. A magic carpet lift is open in both Les Gets (Weekends only) and Col du Corbier (Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday) for children only to use.
Ski lifts are due to open 7th January if numbers drop below 5000 cases per day. Skiology may open for self-catered guests. U.K guests can visit with the correct insurance.
U.K drops quarantine requirements upon re-entry to 5 days
October 30th – December 01st :
“If you are arriving from a country on the list below, you can enter metropolitan France without any COVID-19 restrictions. Member States of the European Union… Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.” [link].
The UK requires visitors returning from France to quarantine for 14 days.
July 10th :
Travel corridor opens from England to France meaning no need to quarantine on return.
June 15th :
Borders open! FCO does not recommend travel therefore insurance may be difficult however we are a step closer!
June 02nd :
Restaurants, bars, cafes, gites, hotels and B&Bs – in green zones may reopen
28th May :
100km travel ban removed from 2nd June
Morzine and Les Carroz are declared Green zones and restrictions are eased. Paperwork is no longer required to leave the residence.
One can now travel up to 100km.Face masks are required in public spaces. Borders are still closed. Forecast to open 15th June with a self-quarantine period of 2 weeks needed upon arrival.
Les Carroz and Morzine Covid 19 updates
Supported by our partners Delphis Eco, Royal Warrant for cleaning produce. Products tested to EN1276, EN13697 and EN14476 standards.
Cleanliness is paramount so we would rather do too much than too little. We will continue with our leave no trace policy, high cleanliness standards and additionally be using C19 enhanced cleaning standards.
Last winter we were graded an average of 4.97/5 for cleanliness by 379 guests who filled in our feedback cards.
We will follow guidelines as they are added.
Les Carroz and Morzine covid 19 updates
- Team members tested for virus upon arrival. Re-testing freely offered whenever required.
- Team member’s temperature checks taken every working day and recorded.
- Team members wear masks are fully trained against anti-Covid spread protocols and retrained should knowledge of Covid spread change.
- 80% of our team have worked with us for multiple seasons and are well-practiced with the new standards.
- Asked not to travel if showing symptoms.
- Catered guests temperature checks offered upon arrival.
- Minimise contaminable surfaces by removing surplus items. For example surplus crockery, paperwork, board games books etc. However, we don’t want this to have a negative impact on your stay. So if you feel there is something you want, please do let us know and we will do our best.
- Digitized documents such as our resort guide.
- Properties receive enhanced deep cleaned with disinfectant when cleaning. Especially on all high touch point areas (including light switches, handles, taps, appliances, handrails, remotes, plug sockets, dining chairs, etc.)
- Tricky high-touch items made easier to clean. For example, remotes in plastic bags.
- Properties are ventilated prior to guest arrival and VMC units checked.
- Hand sanitiser available for guests upon entry and laminates of latest government guidance.
- A solidarity and responsibility charter in each chalet for guests to adhere mindful of other guests.
- Self-catered: Zero contact check-in videos sent. Welcome packs and key boxes decontaminated then sealed with decontaminated stickers.
- Catered: Guest temperature checks offered and bag sanitising service.
Enhanced C19 flexible cancellation policy.
Covid regulated transfers available
Safety & sanitisation measures implemented
Catered, self catered & meal delivery
C19 safety measures in resort.
Zero contact check in & out
Winter 2020 21
Les Carroz Morzine covid 19 updates
We have updated our terms and conditions. This is with the goal of doing what Skiology can to provide you with the Skiology holiday that you want/need! If due to government action that is not possible then we have a plan for that too.
We can’t wait to see you out here and share our beautiful mountains with you. We consider it to be the ultimate post lockdown destination – large open spaces and Alpine air await. We will keep this post updated as travel, our passion, revitalises.
Transferable deposits for winter 2020 2021
Dream ahead and book your next holiday with us now and start getting excited about creating new memories with your friends and family. Studies say the longer you plan your holiday for the more enjoyment you get!
Transferable deposits mean that should you need or wish to delay your holiday due to Covid 19 restrictions, you can freely transfer your deposit to another date of your choice, until April 24th 2022. Your deposit is also fully refundable until September 15th.
This allows you to take advantage of some of the least expensive flights that we have ever seen, now available with Easyjet until April 2021, also with flexible conditions.
When the balance is due
Simply let us know if you would like to move your dates to another time. Reasons that we can think of are border closures, travel restrictions by FCO, holiday in quarantine areas or coming from quarantine areas as defined by local government, Covid symptoms of group/part of a group or immediate family.
Additionally, this May we will be offering half-price deposits at £75pp on upcoming Summer and Winter bookings.
Summer 2020 bookings
Les Carroz and Morzine covid 19 updates
For all new summer 2020 bookings 100% refund policy for cancellations due to COVID–19 travel restrictions more than 10 days prior to your arrival. If you have to cancel your holiday within 10 days of your arrival, we will happily transfer your holiday anytime up until August 2022.
Summary : Morzine/Les Gets will mostly be open from June 27 to September 06 (click for more details) and Les Carroz from June 27 to August 30th
Frequently Asked Questions
Where possible we will offer you another option of equal or higher value to your original booking. If you accept a holiday of lower value, we will refund you the difference within 28 days of your holiday start date.
If we are unable to offer you an alternative:
You may choose to cancel your booking. We will, at your choice, either issue you with a credit note for the full booking value valid for 2 years which can be used against the cost of a future booking with Skiology.co.uk OR a refund (less 25% retained to cover the costs incurred making the holiday possible, increasing to a 100% refund if we are able to resell your holiday).
We cannot offer a refund or credit note if:
- You want to cancel due to quarantine obligations from your government on your return to your country of residence.
- You want to cancel for any reason greater outside of our Covid Booking Guarantee (the cover comes into effect between 10 and 0 days before your holiday).
Our Covid Cancellation Policy does not cover you if you, or a party member, cannot travel due to being a close contact or displaying covid-19 symptoms, either before your holiday or in resort. Travel insurance companies are now offering such products and please make sure your travel insurance will cover you for these situations.
You can insure against tour operator insolvency with for example staysure who also provide C19 cover.
A bond requires a huge amount of surplus funds which we did not set out to produce so don’t have. It is a shame that our efficiency and smallness as a company is what is stopping us from being able to be bonded. However, we feel on the other hand that our efficiency and smallness is what has kept us here for 15 years and will continue to keep us here – Being efficient with funds to provide great value holidays and small enough to know your name as well as you know ours.
Our faithful landlords have been very generous in helping us reduce our risk for this season by offering us terms that will help us through.
Which terms have been affected by Covid-19
In addition to winter sports insurance guests must also have insurance that covers pandemics and epidemics including coronavirus.
Insurance should include but not be limited to cover…
- Cancellation of your trip or curtailment for any reason.
- Full cover if you chose to travel against the advice of the government of your home country.
- Cover for the cost of alternative accommodation should you be required to remain in France after the conclusion of your stay with us (you will not be permitted to remain in the accommodation after the end of your contracted arrangements)
- Financial failure cover
- FCO travel advisory extension (if you intend to travel despite the FCO advising against all but non essential travel).
See full requirements here
We must all abide by a ‘charter of safety’ in resort and Skiology accommodations for our safety. The charter is an accumulation of local and international guidelines and is available here.
We fully expect this charter to develop as further knowledge of the virus is gained so please note this is not a static document, you may check back for updates.
Failure to not abide in most cases will result in early termination of guest stay or service teams contracts.
The Finer print
We ask that you do not attend your holiday should you have any C19 symptoms. We cannot provide a refund for your stay but we can assist you with an insurance claim.
Either replace with a new party member or if the place is not filled on a non whole chalet priced week i.e Christmas, New Year, Half Term, the price reverts to an empty bed fee which is 60% of the adult price.
Please note: No admin fee (Section 6 of our Terms and Conditions) will be charged to change the details of guests on the booking in this circumstance.
If your chalet can no longer safely be catered by any of our teams, you will be refunded £30 per person per day (the difference between a catered and self catered holiday with Skiology) and your holiday will become self catered.
First you must seek medical advice then following medical opinion to, most likely either return home (avoiding public transport) or quarantine for 2 weeks (consult insurance company for options).
What is new
- About if you wish to swap party leaders and permission to share your data with team e.g dietary requirements that you fill out.
- That prices may go up or down as we go through this tricky period
- About notifying us so we can assist with any medical conditions / disabilities / reduced mobility and special requests
- About our liability with any excursions you may choose
- Some helpful information about passports and visas