With ongoing uncertainties due to the coronavirus pandemic, it would seem that planning your future summer or winter holiday is something of a mine field. But this is not the case! With insurance companies gradually announcing different Covid19 related cover as well as our own Covid19 contingencies and precautions, you can book in confidence and begin the countdown to your mountain get away.
What Cover is out there
Over the past several weeks, insurers have announced different variations of travel insurance offered which covers different aspects of Covid 19 cover.
Although there does not yet appear to be a policy which covers all scenarios, this handy table created by Which provides the perfect start point to finding the right cover for you.
When are you not covered?
The grey area for most insurance cover comes when the FCO announces advice to not travel to a country. As this is not a ban on travel, it is down to your discretion to travel but insurance policies will invariably be invalidated. But fear not! In this scenario, Skiology has brought in a new booking policy whereby if you are unable to attend your Skiology holiday, we will postpone your holiday to later in the season / the following season up until April 2022.
We are also offering fully refundable deposits up until the end of September 2020 so should anything change in the meantime and you decide against travelling, we will refund 100% of your booking deposit.
Find out about Skiology Covid19 booking protection and precautions.
Reassurance for your next holiday
Suppliers are working extra hard to ensure they can provide a bubble to bubble service which means you can safely navigate your way to your next holiday. From the transport to and from the airport, the airports themselves and your accommodation provider, everyone has measure in place in order to keep operating safely and within government guidelines.
Check out the policies which are in place with some of our recommended suppliers:
So what are you waiting for?
With the resorts opening up in early June, albeit with increased safety precautions, the summer buzz is back in resort. Our summer guests have been coming and going for their summer holidays and with the season set to continue through to the end of September, now is the time to join us.
The excitement is also mounting for the start of the 2020/21 winter season with Morzine and Les Carroz set to open on the weekend of the 12th December! Let the countdown begin!
1. GET IN TOUCH. Reach out to our team via email or phone from the comfort of your home, we jut need to know what you’re looking for and we’ll do the rest for you.
2. BOOK YOUR CHALET. Discover our self-catered & catered chalets in Morzine & Les Carroz. We can help you choose the best options based on yours and your group needs.
3. CHOOSE YOUR TRANSPORT TO RESORT. Whichever form of transport you choose to reach the Alps with, we can help you with logistics and advise on the best way to get to our chalets.
4. WHAT ELSE CAN WE BOOK FOR YOU? Be ahead of the game and get everything else sorted before your holiday starts. We can help you organise: ski passes, equipment hire, childcare, mountain restaurants bookings, activities (i.e. snow-shoeing) and even a massage if you’re all in for a relaxing time after a long day skiing.
5. PACK YOUR GEAR: get holiday-ready and the countdown on.
6. YOUR HOLIDAY STARTS! Our resort team will be ready to get you settled in your chalet.
Summer 2020 Availability
We have extended our summer season now until the end of September so guests can make the most of the fresh air and open spaces that the Alps has to offer.