- August 15th : U.K requires visitors returning from France to quarantine for 14 days.
- October 30th – December 01st : “If you are arriving from a country on the list below, you can enter metropolitan France without any COVID-19 restrictions. Member States of the European Union… Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.” [link].
- November: U.K drops quarantine requirements upon re-entry to 5 days
- July 10th : Travel corridor opens from England to France meaning no need to quarantine on return.
- June 15th : Borders open! FCO do not recommend travel therefore insurance may be difficult however we are a step closer!
- June 02nd : Restaurants, bars, cafes, gites, hotels and B&Bs – in green zones may reopen
- 28 th May : 100km travel ban removed from 2nd June
- 11th May: Morzine and Les Carroz are declared Green zones and restrictions are eased. Paperwork no longer required to leave residence.
One can now travel up to 100km.Face masks required in public spaces. Borders are still closed. Forecast to open 15th June with self quarantine period of 2 weeks needed upon arrival.
Our accommodation precautions
Cleanliness is paramount
We would rather do too much than too little. We will continue with our leave no trace policy, high cleanliness standards and additionally be using C19 enhanced cleaning standards. Last winter we were graded an average of 4.97/5 for cleanliness by 379 guests who filled in our feedback cards.
We will follow guidelines for this winter as they are announced, this summer for example we…
- Continued to provide self-catered properties to maximise social distancing with ample parking for those who want to go from home to holiday with the least external contact.
- Replaced antibacterial cleaning materials with disinfectant when cleaning, especially on all high touch point areas (including light switches, handles, taps, appliances, handrails, remotes, plug sockets, dining chairs, etc.)
- Removed surplus items e.g surplus crockery, paperwork, board games books etc we don’t want this to have a negative impact on your stay so if you feel there is something you want for let us know and we will do our best.
- Protected high touch items e.g remotes in plastic bags.
- Provided team members with face masks as well as gloves for cleaning and any other operations within our premises.
- Offered optional video call ‘meet and greets’ and key safety boxes for those who wish.
- Worked with experienced team members who are well practiced in Skiology standards meet Sam and Roby.
- Posted a solidarity and responsibility charter in each chalet for guests to adhere mindful of other guests.
Winter 2020 21
We have updated our terms and conditions with the goal of doing what Skiology can to provide you the Skiology holiday that you want/need! If due to government action that is not possible then we have a plan for that too.
We can’t wait to see you out here and share our beautiful environment with you. We consider it to be the ultimate post lockdown destination – large open spaces and Alpine air await. We will keep this post updated as travel, our passion, revitalises.
Transferable deposits for winter 2020 2021
Dream ahead and book your next holiday with us now and start getting excited about creating new memories with your friends and family. Studies say the longer you plan your holiday for the more enjoyment you get!
Transferable deposits means that should you need or wish to delay your holiday due to Covid 19 restrictions, you can freely transfer your deposit to another date of your choice, until April 24th 2022. Your deposit is also fully refundable until September 15th.
This allows you to take advantage of some of the least expensive flights that we have ever seen, now available with Easyjet until April 2021, also with flexible conditions.
When the balance is due, simply let us know if you would like to move your dates to another time. Reasons that we can think of are: border closures, travel restrictions by FCO, holiday in quarantine areas or coming from quarantine areas as defined by local government, Covid symptoms of group/part of group or immediate family.
Additionally, this May we will be offering half price deposits at £75pp on upcoming Summer and Winter bookings.
Summer 2020 bookings
For all new summer 2020 bookings 100% refund policy for cancellations due to COVID–19 travel restrictions more than 10 days prior to your arrival. If you have to cancel your holiday within 10 days of your arrival, we will happily transfer your holiday anytime up until August 2022.
Summary : Morzine/Les Gets will mostly be open from June 27 to September 06 (click for more details) and Les Carroz from June 27 to August 30th
Frequently Asked Questions
Where possible we will offer you another option of equal or higher value of your original booking. If you accept a holiday of lower value, we will refund you the difference within 28 days of your holiday start date.
If we are unable to offer you an alternative, you may choose to cancel your booking and will, at your choice, either issue you with a credit note for the full booking value valid for 2 years which can be used against the cost of a future booking with Skiology.co.uk OR a refund (less 25% retained to cover the costs incurred making the holiday possible, increasing to a 100% refund if we are able to resell your holiday).
We cannot offer a refund or credit note if:
- You want to cancel due to quarantine obligations from your government on your return to your country of residence.
- You want to cancel for any reason greater outside of our Covid Booking Guarentee (the cover comes into effect between 10 and 0 days before your holiday).
Our Covid Cancellation Policys does not cover you if you, or a party member, cannot travel due to being a close contact or displaying covid-19 symptoms, either before your holiday or in resort. Travel insurance companies are now offering such products and please make sure your travel insurance will cover you for these situations.
You can insure against tour operator insolvency with for example staysure who also provide C19 cover.
A bond requires a huge amount of surplus funds which we did not set out to produce so don’t have. It is a shame that our efficiency and smallness as a company is what is stopping us with being able to offer bonding, however we feel on the other hand that our efficiency and smallness is what has kept us here for 15 years and will continue to keep us here – Being efficient with funds to provide great value holidays and small enough to know your name as well as you know ours.
Our faithful landlord have been very generous in helping us reduce our risk for this season with offering us terms that will help us through.
Which terms have been affected by Covid-19
In addition to winter sports insurance guests must also have an insurance that covers pandemics and epidemics including coronavirus. Insurance should include but not be limited to cover…
- Cancellation of your trip or curtailment for any reason.
- Full cover if you chose to travel against the advice of the government of your home country.
- Cover for the cost of alternative accommodation should you be required to remain in France after the conclusion of your stay with us (you will not be permitted to remain in the accommodation after the end of your contracted arrangements)
- Financial failure cover
- FCO travel advisory extension (if you intend to travel despite the FCO advising against all but non essential travel).
See full requirements here
We must all abide by a ‘charter of safety’ in resort and Skiology accommodations for our safety. The charter is an accumulation of local and international guidelines and is available here.
We fully expect this charter to develop as further knowledge of the virus is gained so please note this is not a static document, you may check back for updates.
Failure to not abide in most cases will result in early termination of guest stay or service teams contracts.
The Finer print
We ask that you do not attend your holiday should you have any C19 symptoms. We cannot provide a refund for your stay but we can assist you with an insurance claim.
Either replace with a new party member or if the place is not filled on a non whole chalet priced week i.e Christmas, New Year, Half Term, the price reverts to an empty bed fee which is 60% of the adult price.
Please note: No admin fee (Section 6 of our Terms and Conditions) will be charged to change the details of guests on the booking in this circumstance.
If your chalet can no longer safely be catered by any of our teams, you will be refunded £30 per person per day (the difference between a catered and self catered holiday with Skiology) and your holiday will become self catered.
First you must seek medical advice then following medical opinion to, most likely either return home (avoiding public transport) or quarantine for 2 weeks (consult insurance company for options).
What is new
- About if you wish to swap party leaders and permission to share your data with team e.g dietary requirements that you fill out.
- That prices may go up or down as we go through this tricky period
- About notifying us so we can assist with any medical conditions / disabilities / reduced mobility and special requests
- About our liability with any excursions you may choose
- Some helpful information about passports and visas