Maybe it won’t rain? Is it sunny in another valley?
It is about as old as sayings go, weather changes quickly in the mountains. And this is true on the occasions that we experience Morzine wet weather. Keep refreshing that forecast. Or better still, if you are in resort just look out the window! The forecast is not always right.
- If there is bad weather sometimes it gets stuck in one of the valleys. Therefore, it could rain in Morzine and be sunny for example in any of the following valleys. So add them to your forecast app if you have one. Thonon Les Bains (45 mins), Samoens 40 (mins), Chamonix (1hr 15), Geneva (1hr 20) and Annecy (1hr 30).
Get outside and get wet!
Again, the saying that your skin is waterproof is older than the mountains themselves! I can almost hear generations saying to me there is no such thing as bad weather just bad gear! The bad weather days when we have been out hiking are even more memorable than the good weather days!
- Pack a mack, gators and a hat and you are set! Or buy an umbrella and make sure where you are heading is not too exposed. Nobody likes it when the wind catches your umbrella! If you don’t have wet weather gear, most of the shops here sell it. If you can’t find your size etc head down to Thonon and go to the larger stores of Decathalon or the Vieux Campeur… as a bonus hopefully it won’t be raining down there!
- White water rafting and canyoning both get better with rain so get in touch with Frogs or Adventure 7 and book your trip!
Get a big roof over your head!
- Hide out in one of Morzine top 5 restaurants and commit to an afternoon of cheese and wine!
- Morzine has a great indoor pool and the ice skating. The water park Aquariaz in Avoriaz is super fun. It can however get busy with bad weather if so bowling is not far around the corner. There are also great water parks near Geneva (Parc Vitamin) and on Lake Geneva/Lac Leman too (Aquaparc).
- St Jean has a new soft play at Mountain Aspects. Or slightly further afield Frances largest indoor soft play is in Annemasse called Isla Tortuga which is paradise for kids and Peter Pan adults too.