Ahead of Skiologys 15th birthday cook book release, we are sharing our favourite cinnamon bun recipe from the book. Bon Appetit!
- 1000g bread flour
- 200g white sugar
- 150ml warm water
- 40g yeast
- 50g raisins
- 50g demerara sugar
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 120g melted butter
- 200g icing sugar
1. To make the dough, add the yeast to the warm water & stir to make sure there are no clumps. In a large bowl add flour & sugar then pour yeast & water in. Stir until combined. Knead with hand for 2 minutes. Cling film bowl and leave for 20mins.
2. Cut a length of baking paper to be 20cm wide and 60cm long. Turn the dough out onto the baking paper and roll to a 20cmx60cm rectangle.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter for 20 seconds then using pastry brush spread it over the dough leaving a 1 inch strip along the top of rectangle. Then evenly sprinkle the demerara sugar, raisins and cinnamon on top of the butter.
4. Brush the bare strip of dough with egg. Now roll the dough into a long long. Starting with the long bottom edge, using the baking paper to help start the roll. Be careful not to catch the paper in the centre of the roll!
5. Once completely rolled, use this baking paper to line a baking tin. Slice the roll into 12 even slices and places in a grid on the baking sheet. Egg wash with the remaining egg then bake in a 220degree preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and glaze with 100g icing sugar mixed with 10ml water and let it swim over the buns.