Skiology’s teaming up with the guys at MINT Snowboarding for the fifth year running for the Mini Shred Snow Camp 2021. Skiology’s Chalet Grand Hibou will host the snow camp in the first and second Easter week and with great location and family pricing, the Mini Shred is now super accessible for Mini Shred families.
April is a great time in the season for children to get into snowboarding. Due to the sunshine and soft snow as well as lessons purposely picked at a time in the day when the kids are fuelled up and focussed. We have discovered the recipe for boarding success! We will also provide you with a private shuttle to the lifts in the morning. As well as back again in the afternoon to make sure mum and dad feel like they are on holiday too 🙂
Included in your holiday
- Accommodation: 7 night chalet accommodation with Skiology
- Service: Coffee to your door, full breakfast, afternoon tea & cakes, 5-course dinner with canapés, cheese. Not to mention the bottomless organic wine every catered day!
- MINT Lessons: 3 x 2 hr private lessons starting on Monday based 2 sharing* (kids only).
- Equipment: Rental snowboard equipment (kids only) from our partners at Ski Mobile.
- Kids mountain packed lunch! To make lunchtime on the slopes quicker and easier, we can provide a mountain packed lunch. This will\ keep your mini shredder fuelled up!
- Lessons are scheduled to run on the Avoriaz area for both weeks (4th-11th and the 11th-18th April 2021) either from 11.45 – 13.45 hrs or 14.15 – 16.15 hrs. The lessons are scheduled at this time to avoid the mornings which are icy at this time of year. The soft, slushy snow in the afternoons is much better for little kids learning to snowboard, encouraging confidence and independence much quicker in the learning process.
- The lessons included are on a basis of 2 kids, of similar age & ability, to one instructor.
- If you wish to book further lessons, this can be done directly with MINT Snowboarding. We suggest that this is done in advance if you wish to book private lessons with the same instructor they will have had at the beginning of the week. The cost per two hour private lesson is 155€ for one child. Alternatively we can wait until nearer the time to see if there are other suitable children for your child to share extra lessons with.
Kids aged 3 & 4 years
Kids aged 3 & 4 years are much better suited to individual private lessons as at this age the 1-on-1 help of an instructor helps maximise their enjoyment and avoid them getting frustrated waiting around. The lessons will be in Avoriaz for both weeks of 4th and 11th April 2021 where the beginner areas are serviced by button lifts which are a struggle for kids at this age. This is much less of an issue when the child is 1-on-1 with an instructor and can either be helped all the way up or they can travel further giving better ski lift options.
There is a supplement of 75€ to pay (directly to MINT Snowboarding) for your child to receive 3 x 1.5 hr private lessons.
We know the importance of making sure every meals a success so the children go to bed with full tummies. So we’ve created a delicious nutritious breakfast and dinner plan for kids along with some afternoon tea treats! Children’s dinner is served at 5.30-6pm and although it’s a set menu, we’re happy to be lead by mum and dad… We know how discerning young taste buds can be. Dinner for the parents is at 7.30pm after you have had a chance to get your little mini shredder tucked up in bed.