Join the team
We believe happy team = happy guests! So we will ask you once a week if there is anything that we can do to help you achieve 6/5 happiness at work. Of course, you don’t have to wait until then to tell us!
As tour operators we are all here for different reasons. At Skiology we are here because we believe in developing a better lifestyle. So what does this mean for you?
- Like our guests, you will benefit from nutritionally balanced meals, butcher chosen meat and organic wine.
- We all need a good work/mountain/chill balance so all of our chalets are really close to the piste to maximise mountain time. As a couple (where possible) you will be given your own apartment/room too.
- We believe that we can all win, while you are on our team you can make a global difference. Any saving you can make from our budget we donate to charity. Currently Team Skiology support over 1,000,000 square foot of rainforest and annually feed the children supported by Msiziafrica.
We are a small team so you are certainly not a number with us. We foster an environment where you will be listened to, respected and rewarded.
Our set menu chalets menu is written by Skiology brother Luke Turner, former Fortnum and Mason development chef, coupled with our excellent service we have a formula, that our guests and team come back for again and again.
- Better than the average wage.
- A full area lift pass with carte niege ski insurance.
- A signing perk of your choice, your needs are as different as our guests.
- Team trips to other resorts.
- Company phone, per couple. When available from provider this comes with internet and free calls to U.K landlines.
- Team meals out.
- Discount ski clothes and equipment with our sponsors, Armada.
- Discount ski holidays for your family and friends.
- Ski/board hire.
- Travel expenses.
- Holiday pay.
- Extra income from honesty bar system.
- Monthly chances for bonuses or prizes.
- Weekly development meetings where we ask if there is anything that we can do to better your experience or your time with us?
Sophie’s perk and mix! At Skiology we all know that our guest’s have different needs and so too do our team. As far as we know, we are the first ski company to offer a tailored perk scheme which you yourself can choose from. It’s what we like to call, the Skiology Perk N’ Mix! And here is how it works:
- Pick the perks which most appeal to you…
- Get the perks that most appeal to you!
As a team, we work hard and play hard. The season team trips (always 2, sometimes 3) are a great chance for the whole team to get together from across resorts and shred hard for the day. It is a paid for trip out of resort with lunch included on one of the trips.
Previous trips have been:
- La Clusaz
- Les Contamines
- Praz Du Lys
- Praz sur Aly
- Portes Du Soleil
- Grand Massif
- Radio Meuh party
- Chinese all you can eat buffet.
End of season party
Stories of these may be told during your initial weeks at Skiology!
Sound too good to be true? There is the work part too. Skiology is a firm but fair structured company to work for. Our goal is to have the market’s highest returning guests rate and we all work hard to achieve this.
To work for Skiology you must
- Be able to give service that shows you genuinely care about guest’s enjoyment of their holiday and them becoming repeat guests.
- Be capable of achieving 6/5 feedback from guests for your accountabilities (service, cleanliness & food). This is when guests have such a good time that on a feedback form they tick the coveted 6/5 box.
- Deliver our product sustainably, in a way that is repeatable and allows the longest life of our product.
- Have a passion for good food.
- Have a desire to prove yourself able to work autonomously/self managing.
Step 1 : Qualifying call : If your application is successful, usually decided by a few emails back and forth, the qualifying call is when we will first speak with you. We quite simply ask you 3 questions, taking no more of 15 minutes of your time. We get hundreds of enquiries for our positions so you will be a very good candidate to get to this stage
Step 2 : Skype interview : Take part in a Skype interview with another member of the management team. If one of the team has had a good hunch about you, then we pass it to another member to see if they agree.
Round 3 : Final phone call or Skype /Ideally meeting in person/ references/ possible cook test : This is your final opportunity to shine! Ideally we would love to meet you in person and make sure that everybody is happy to proceed. If you are applying for a cooking position, we will most likely invite you for a cook test. There is then the formality of contacting your references and then pending references, you are on board- welcome to the team!