Morzine for beginners
Easy access, two sides of the valley to ski on and lots of places to meet for lunch.
Chalet George, Grand Sapin and X.
Easily accessible should you want to pop back between or after lessons or simply to get an extra layer or two!
We believe that, like with anything, 1-to-1 tuition will help you progress the quickest. You will find a list of the various ski schools on our FAQ page. The best slots can go quickly so book early so that you don’t end up with a lesson at 16:00 and nothing to do all day!
- ESF is most likely to be the most cost effective. Previous guests say that Francois Baud is great for adults.
- Easytoride has been really popular with guests and is a similar price. Antoine has come recommended by guests.
- BillSki is really popular with guests.
- MintSnowboarding are excellent for learning to snowboard.
If you choose ski school and are staying in one of our Sunday – Sunday chalets please be sure to make sure that lessons start on a Monday since Monday will be your first day on the mountain.
All ski resorts want to encourage beginners so will often offer a beginners pass. If you are booking though us, ask us for the latest details or ask at the ticket office when you buy your pass.
Where to meet your group for lunch
Extracts taken from our mountain restaurant guides, available in the chalet…
Essentially there are 3 main options. At the top of the Pleney cable car, the bottom of the valley (in the village) and top of the Super Morzine cable car.
- Top of the Pleney cable car, Le Vaffieu “Top of Pleney cable car, take Bellevedere chair lift and it is at the end of this lift. Big portions and justifiably popular.”
- The bottom of the valley, the village. Hundreds of options including the Tremplin “bottom of Pleney cable car, lovely big sunny terrace and a hugely diverse menu”.
- Top of the Super Morzine cable car, Le Marais de Grenouille, “come out of the super Morzine cable car, walk straight ahead, be careful crossing the piste. The Marais is a charming, rustic restaurant with great views and a cosy traditional inside”.